.

blending out of the connecticulture


 

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

BIG LONG FURNISHING POST

Yesterday was Elise's twentieth birthday, you know. So I thought the best thing for us to do was... furnish the apartment that we can't move into until September 10th.

Sunday night, it was Target.




Now then, IKEA was some great mystery to me, let me tell you. Sure I'd seen a bunch of their stuff explode in Fight Club as a statement against consumerism, but I had no idea how great this place really is! Their catalogs intrigued me, but everything looks a little cheap, small. I was worried that IKEA makes dwarf furniture. So, the pictures below don't do this stuff much justice. This stuff is big, sturdy and NICE. The apartment is now fully furnished. I found everything else that I needed (dining room table and four chairs with chair pads that aren't in the picture, bookcase, gigantic living room rug that is 8ft by 6ft, coffee table, side table, big dresser and two of the little dressers), and it's being delivered to my door up here, all for $500. The dining room table alone is worth that. It's real big, real pretty in person. All of this will have to be assembled in Florida, so I know how I'm spending my first week.