.

blending out of the connecticulture


 

Monday, August 08, 2005

Do you know how long it took me to figure out the Tandy 1000 home computer? Years. Do you know how long it took me to figure out the old Macs they used in school? To figure out just what I was supposed to do on Prodigy? Then Windows 95 came along and AOL and all of that crap I had to figure out. A few years later I was going to AOL keyword "My FTP Space" and I felt like I was a genius. Frontpage and I, we're just starting to get along. Blogger templates are easy as pie.

Now, it's the CGI, CSS, PHP, MySQL where I start to get hazy. There's no room in my head for this stuff after years of tinkering around with every new thing that came along.

Still, Movable Type templates aren't easy to come by and far from what I want, so I'll just have to figure this stuff out.

christianstella.com is up and running, but don't expect an actual launch for at least a week. What's there now is the bare bones of a blog. I will say though, today I sucessfully made the blog three columns AND imported all 802 of the blog posts on this blog. All of my comments are lost in the switch, but they'll always be here in Blogger hell, if anyone would ever care. Also, the post titles are merely the first 5 words of each post, which almost never gives any clue to what the post is about... but is just a LITTLE bit easier than going through and updating 802 posts by hand.

For the first time in over a year, the first page of my archives isn't plagued with strange symbols throughout the text. So, thanks to Movable Type on that. And the little search box actually searches, something I've found Blogger's to never do.

The title of the new blog... well that's something I'll have to explain when the site actually goes live.